On December 5–6, 2023 on the Laptop Historical past Museum in Mountain View, CA, lots of of builders and software program engineers will come collectively at PrestoCon 2023 to assist and study extra about Presto, the open-source SQL question engine for knowledge analytics and the Open Knowledge Lakehouse.
We’re excited for the way forward for Presto. This yr, we introduced watsonx.knowledge, our Presto-based open knowledge lakehouse that could be a fit-for-purpose knowledge retailer, constructed on an open lakehouse structure and supported by querying, governance and open knowledge codecs to entry and share knowledge.
In case you’re concerned in knowledge analytics or knowledge infrastructure, PrestoCon is a must-attend occasion. Listed below are three causes you would possibly contemplate attending:
1. You’ll get the newest innovation updates about next-gen Presto, the native C++ employee for Presto.
At PrestoCon, there’s a observe devoted to the newest developments within the native C++ employee for Presto—code named Prestissimo—constructed on the open-source Velox venture. There’s been quite a lot of work and innovation that’s gone into Prestissimo over the previous couple of months, and main contributors from Bytedance, IBM and Meta will probably be sharing that work.
2. You’ll hear extra from IBM leaders and engineers on the newest developments of each open-source Presto and watsonx.knowledge.
At IBM we’re sturdy advocates of the open-source Presto venture with 5 Presto committers and dozens of contributors, all of whom are engaged on constructing and executing on the venture roadmap.
Watsonx.data is our knowledge retailer constructed on an open knowledge lakehouse structure with Presto. We’ll share extra about what we’ve been engaged on with Presto in watsonx.knowledge. We’re additionally working intently with the Presto group on advancing open-source Presto, together with Prestissimo, and look ahead to presenting our work.
Classes we’re enthusiastic about attending:
- VP Hybrid Knowledge Administration Vikram Murali’s keynote, the place he’ll share extra about why IBM selected Presto for the watsonx.knowledge open knowledge lakehouse, and IBM’s key contributions to Presto open supply.
- Software program Engineer and Presto Committer Aditi Pandit’s Intro to Prestissimo session, which can give the group an outline of next-gen Presto and the work going into the C++ native employee.
- Analysis Scientists Berthold Reinwald and Nasrullah Sheikh will probably be sharing extra about their Presto Connector for vector search on data indexed by vector databases.
- Software program Engineer Zac Blanco’ session, highlighting IBM’s work on statistics with sampling using Iceberg on Presto.
3. You will get hands-on with Presto in technical workshops
If you wish to get hands-on with Presto, PrestoCon workshops are an effective way to try this. Created for newbies to superior Presto customers, there will probably be three workshops on completely different Presto matters. We suggest you register for these rapidly, as capability is restricted they usually’ll most likely promote out quickly (shopping for a move to PrestoCon offers you free entry to register for a workshop):
- Getting Began with Presto: get Presto operating regionally, join knowledge sources, run queries (Newbie)
- Constructing an Open Knowledge Lakehouse with Presto and Apache Hudi: Put the constructing blocks in place to construct your individual Open Knowledge Lakehouse (Starting)
- Getting Began with Prestissimo on Docker: For devs and engineers who’re focused on getting their palms on Prestissimo (Intermediate)
PrestoCon 2023 goes to be a unbelievable occasion for builders and engineers who’re focused on open supply and cutting-edge innovation. We’re wanting ahead to getting collectively in-person with the group for 2 days, sharing our work and studying extra about Prestissimo.
Whether or not you’re a seasoned Presto professional or simply getting began, this group convention affords an inside look into the newest innovation and group information. Early chicken pricing (50 USD) concludes on October 31. Register today and don’t miss out on the prospect to be part of PrestoCon!